Is your social enterprise feeling the impacts of COVID-19?
We're here to help.
Now, more than ever, organisations critical to our social fabric need support. Social Impact Hub, Westpac Foundation and Social Traders are collaborating with leading corporates to offer pro bono business support to social enterprises to help them through the COVID-19 crisis.
The collaboration will draw on the skills of corporate Australia, including Westpac, MinterEllison, Boston Consulting Group and others, with employees volunteering their time to provide pro bono business support. Members of the Social Impact Hub’s Professional Impact Network and the CAST Professionals network are also volunteering their time to support social enterprises at this difficult time.
To be eligible to access this program your enterprise must:
- be operating in Australia;
- be sourcing or working towards sourcing the majority of its revenue through trade of socially or environmentally sustainable products or services rather than through grants, donations; and
- have a mission to directly address social, cultural or environmental needs through the trade of goods and services rather than indirectly through socially responsible practices.
Social enterprises will have the opportunity to be supported by experts in areas such as business strategy, accessing government financial support, managing human resources and legal support, based on their business needs. This support will be provided over 3-6 months.
Please express your interest as soon as possible so we can help you as soon as possible! Priority will be given to enterprises with revenues >$1m or with more than 5 employees, but all social enterprises that meet the definition above are encouraged to apply. Fill in your details to receive an Expression of Interest form.
What the pro bono business support will involve:
- A 1-2 hr initial scoping call with a Social Impact Hub consultant to understand your needs and the best opportunities for support.
- You will be matched with a skilled mentor / consultant who will work to support your enterprise for around 4-6 hours per week for 3-6 months.
- There is a feedback process, so as your needs change and additional needs arise, you may access additional expertise.
- You will be invited to join a weekly group check-in call where we will share insights and stories of social enterprise pivots, and you will be able to connect with resources through Trello.
If you are interested to serve as a pro bono mentor to help social enterprises in need, please complete the profile form here.
Social Impact Hub, Westpac Foundation and Social Traders are also collaborating to offer a series of webinars to help social enterprises through the COVID-19 crisis. These webinars are hosted by the Davidson Institute and all webinar recordings are available here.
- How the Jobkeeper payment works for social enterprises – with Brendan Tegg, Principal of TG Endeavour and Jacquie Seeman, Employment Partner at Thomson Greer Lawyers
- Leading a social enterprise through a time of uncertainty – keeping employees engaged with Elise Sernik and Sarit Vandegraaff, organisational coaches at Leadership Space